GET IN TOUCH AND THE ABSOLUTE NEED FOR IT

By now you know how important this organization is to me. I volunteer at two Catholic all girls schools to teach the program. Each time I do I speak to a room of 15-20 girls and I do this 5 classes  at a shot.
Every time I speak the first questions I ask them are, 1)"How many of you have been taught how to do breast self exam?" The answer is 1-3 every class except when there are no hands raised. 2)"How many of you have tried breast self exam?" The same amount answer--somewhere around 1-3 girls say yes.
When My oldest was in 6th grade there were 15 kids in her grade at her tiny school. Of those kids 5 mothers were diagnosed within 2-3 years of each other--that's 1/3 of the class personally affected by breast cancer.
More girls need to know this valuable skill. I know I was never really taught. I picked up things here and there and from my doctors but no one actually taught me.

This is where Get in Touch comes in. The program teaches girls grades 5-12 how to do BSE in a comfortable clothed way. So they can go home and teach there moms and also do it themselves. There is a free app as well.
The program is free to any school that asks. That is all it takes for this valuable diagnostic tool.
Check it out getintouchfoundation.org-- and click on Girl's program if you want to see the video.