written before my surgery of Oct 9, 2009

so regardless of the genetic testing for the breast cancer gene--which also gives an estimate of ovarian cancer--I think I am doing both---I don't want to go through this again--


I am having the mastectomy next friday. I have three Catholic congregations praying for me.  I am doing both---everyone says don't pussy foot around this just full speed ahead---I have many things to do this week---stuff for school--I am teaching lit and creative writing , stuff to get out of the way for when I come home i.e. bills the piles by my bed and desk and  to spend time with my girls--told S,younger daughter ---she is such a light! kept it simple for her.K knows more and will hopefully let me be alone in the bathroom for a while! S and I decided we need to get lots of hugs in this week--as well as me pushing her in the swing because these are two fun things that we won't be able to do for awhile.



GREAT NEWS---I DO NOT CARRY THE GENE!!!
I am simply the 1 woman in 7 you hear about.